Monday 7 March 2016

How and why...

Day 7 of #MarchMeetTheMaker is 'How and Why?' 

I draw because I enjoy it. I also love to draw so that others enjoy it. Usually this is in the form of a birthday card - I like thinking about where it is going and what the receiver might like. I particularly like trying to do something that is particular to them. Sadly it isn't always possible or I don't leave myself enough time to do this. 

This is a recent card for a fabulous five year old who really knows his sea creatures. I had to look up Angler Fish to draw it - this is another element I like - finding out about things through drawing them.

AliceDrawsTheLine :: AnglerFish card

More recently I've been working on a couple of commissions - more about that soon!

Another 'why' is that due to a reduction in hours in my day job I'm now looking at whether my love of drawing can become more than a hobby - there is only one way to find out!