Thursday 20 February 2014

People watching...

... is one of my favourite things!

I like to watch how people walk - slowly, purposefully, scuttling, urgently, thoughtfully, happily, sadly, excitedly, routinely... on their own or with friends, relations, loved ones

I like to see what they are wearing - is it related to the weather, where they are going, or coming from... school, work, dog walk...

I like to wonder where it is they are going to and what is on the agenda for today... briefcase, instrument case, handbag...

I've recently re-discovered speedy people sketches. On a small stretch of pavement that I can see I've been trying to capture those that go by in the short amount of time they are there for. The pavement is only about 30 metres long, and so it is under a minute that it takes people to cover it - coming into and going out of view.